Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bottling Moments

I've had some precious moments this morning already that I wish I could bottle up and keep forever.  Since I can't physically put them in a bottle, I decided to put them on this blog so I could go back to cherish them years from now. 

I am twenty weeks into my pregnancy, and I have still been taking Zofran to help inhibit me from throwing up.  It has now been 2.5 days since I've taken the medication and I managed to keep everything down until just a short while ago.  That's the longest I've gone without medication and not threw up in over 14 weeks, so things are at least looking up.  The nausea is worse without the medication, but I'm trying to work through it with food and prayer. 

The one good thing about the nausea is it had me up before Parker nibbling crackers and drinking Sierra Mist.  While doing so, I figured it was a good opportunity to get in some Bible study.  Right now the mom's group I'm in is going through one of Beth Moore's 9-week studies.  It's really helping me get a clear picture of my faith and encouraging me to ask God for more.  I had a moment of reflection this morning where my mind was flashing through events throughout my life and realizing now how God was working in my life to bring me even to this day.  This was bottle moment number one.  It makes me excited to see what He has in store for me for the future.  I know there will be trials, but I feel good that God will see me through them if I continue to believe Him and exercise faith in what He can and will do. 

Bottle moment number two was when I went upstairs to get Parker out of bed:
Me: "Good morning, Love."
Parker: "I'm not Love.  I'm Parker." 
A little while later...
Me: "I love you, buddy.  Oh wait, you're not buddy, you're Parker.  Right?"
Parker (hugging me): "I'm your buddy, I'm your Parker, AND I'm your love."  Aww...

Bottle moment number three was Parker playing hair dresser on me.  He narrated the whole process beautifully to make sure I was comfortable (and following his directions).  He used his toy drill as a blow dryer.  He curled my hair with a screw driver.  Then he "flattened" it with a nut stuck on the tip of the screw driver, "Now keep your eyes closed.  I'll be very gentle."  I sat there quietly like a good client and thought, "How sweet my little boy is.  Who needs a girl when you have a boy like this, anyway?"  Then, as if he read my mind, he took his saw and cut open my head to see what was inside.  LOL!  Fortunately, he took his hammer and nails and nailed my head back together.  Then he went through the whole process of fixing my hair up again.  I think he did a good job of hiding the scars.  :)

Bottle moment number four is after breakfast when Parker wanted to snuggle with me on the couch.  He pretended I was a bed and my hand was his cup holder.  We were listening to Elton John.  When "Crocodile Rock" came on, I started moving to the beat a little.  When Parker said I couldn't dance because beds don't dance, I said, "But doesn't it make you want to dance?  It's so hard not to dance when music like this comes on."  Parker replied, "That's because this is rock 'n' roll!" 

Since my tummy is starting to gurgle, I think I'll leave bottle moment number five to pictures:

Proud of his tower building skills

 
Then joyfully knocking it down!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"... but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

Aimie said...

Parker is so adorable!! I love his little comments, they make me smile :)


Visit My Writing Blog

It's Couch Time!

It's Couch Time!
Check out books and movies Mamatoosi and others have been critiquing!